The Best DIY Oatmeal Mask Ever
My path to being 'crunchy' stared years before I was ever a mother. I stopped using deodorant and certain toothpastes while I was at The New School because life is already hard enough without adding aluminum and fluoride to your body, right? When I started going through my beauty products I ended up throwing most of them out and ultimately it was my kitchen that I looked to for ways to keep my skin in shape. Which is what led to the super simple, super easy BEST DIY Oatmeal Mask Ever.
The real question is WHY NOT oatmeal? What's not to love?
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- It's ideal for nearly all skin types
- It can treat mild skin conditions
- It has anti-aging properties
- It properties that act as a cleanser
- It is moisturizing and helps exfoliate
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/3 Cup of Organic* Oats (Blended or Chopped in a food Processor)
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Local* Honey
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Microwave or some creative way to gently warm the mask
*You do not HAVE to use organic oats or local honey. Use what you've got in your pantry.
Here's what to do: